Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 10 - Pita Pizzas

While it is my goal to try and cook a new recipe each week, I thought it would be fun to include the whole family this week with Pita Pizzas. This turned out to be a very fun meal.  My 3 year old loved making and the eating his own pizza, and the size was perfect for him. From spreading the sauce to levering on the pineapple and cheese, he thought it was about the best thing.

 
Ingredients

6” Pitas

Spaghetti sauce

Mozzarella cheese –shredded

Pine apple

Onion

Roasted green chilies

Cream Cheese

 

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 450° degrees

2.  Layer pitas with sauce, toppings of your choosing, and of course cheese

3.  Cook for 12-15 minutes

 

 
While my wife and son played it safe with just cheese and pineapple.  I decided to go with my favorite cream cheese (trust me it’s really good), roasted green chilies (from the farmer’s market this fall), onion and pineapple.  They all turned out great.  The crust on the first batch was a little softer than we liked, so for round two we increased the cooking by 2 minutes.  This was a quick and easy dinner that will be guaranteed to take its way back to the dinner table time and time again.

Until next time COOK ON!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment