Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 8- Chicken Sausage. Pepper and Tomatoes


It has been a bust 2 weeks at the old homestead.  We have been putting in a new floor in our family room, and I have gotten behind on my weekly entry.  That does not mean that I have been slacking. Week’s 8 new dinner was Chicken Sausage. Pepper and Tomatoes served over fettuccine. I have never had chicken sausage before, so I went with a trusted brand; Johnsville, Chicken and Apple (pre-cooked sausage).

 

I was very happy with the results.  The grated parmesan cheese gave it a nice flavor.  I really enjoyed having the pasta without the traditional red sauce. It felt like a lot lighter dish tis way.

 

Ingredients

1 pkg. (12 oz.) chicken sausage links, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices

3 bell peppers (assorted colors), chopped

3 tomatoes, chopped

1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese,

1/2 lb. feticunni., uncooked

 

 

Directions

1.      Cook sausage in non-stick pan on medium-high heat until almost cooked through (or heated up if using precooked), then add peppers. Continue to cook peppers until desired crispness.

2.      Mix in tomaotes and cook over low heat until tomatoes have softened.

3.      Add in Parmesan cheese.

4.      Serve over feticunni.

 

 

Until next time COOK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment