Sunday, January 27, 2013

Breaded, Mango Salsa Chicken


Tonight’s dinner started off with the main course, pan fried breaded, mango salsa chicken.  That was easy to come up with, however the big question was what to serve with it.  When I think of mango salsa, my mind automatically meanders over to cilantro-line rice; once of my favorite side dishes with Mexican food.  While relaxing, before diving into cooking dinner tonight, my mind wander to some zucchini fritters that my wife made this past summer.  Since I had picked up a couple zucchini for later this week, I decided to search for a recipie to make these.

 
Having never had much luck having with pan frying breaded chicken I headed to the Internet and for some tips. What I found:  cook on medium heat flipping often until the juices come out clear.  I understand the medium heat and flipping often, but was not sure about the clear juice.  IN the past I think I have tried to fry them on much too high of heat.  After the first couple of flippings I press them with a spatula; white juices…. So that is what they mean.  Got it! Success!  The breast turned out tender and juicy.

 
Searching Youtube!  For zucchini fritters recipe I came upon the BBQMyWay channel and I great recipe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QQe9tFuQlU).. Check out the short video, to see cooking directions.  I found it to be very easy and tasty.

 
Salsa Ingredients:

1/2 red onion, finely diced

1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped

1/2 green bell pepper, minced

1 fresh plabano, seeded and chopped

1 Roma tomato, dices

½ lime

 
Mix all ingredients then squeeze lime half over the salsa and mix again.  Use as a garnish over the chicken.

 
Breaded Chicken

4 small chicken breasts (use meat hammer to pound to even, thin thickness)

1 egg

¼ cup bread crumbs

Chili powder to taste.

 
Mix beaten egg and milk together.  Dip breast into mixture then into bread crumb/chili powder breading.  Heat fry pan to medium then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Place breast in oil.  Cook 3 – 4 minutes ,then flip.  Afterwards flip every 2 minutes, until juices run clear when breast are pressed with spatula.

 

Until next week COOK ON!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment