Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pine Apple Pork Chops


This was a tough week for me to create a menu.  My new recipe was easy, Pineapple Pork Chops.  However, besides this nothing sounded good to me.  I am tired of all my regular menu items.  It took me 3 separate sittings to come up with the menu, and I am still one dinner short.  I guess we will have to eat out that night.

 
Ingredients:
  • Pork Loin Chops – no bone, thin cut
  • 1/4 cup reduce-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 ½ Tbsp brown sugar1 tsp minced ginger  
  • ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, partially drained

 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place pork loins into greased (cooking spray) dish. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl, then pour over top of chops.  Cook for 25 – 30 minutes. Nice and easy.

 
Overall the dinner came out well. The chops were a little tougher than I would have liked.  Perhaps pound then a little first next time, or cook at a lower temperature. 

 Served Rice-a-Roni herb and butter?? rice and baked apples as a side.  The apples went well with the pineapple.  Week 3 and still going strong. 

 
Check back next week to see what’s for dinner. Until then Cook On!

No comments:

Post a Comment