Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 13 - Lite Mexican

Chicken Taco Bowl Salad

 

This week’s new recipe comes courtesy of my wife.  When I asked her wanted she wanted for dinner the other night, she said something lite sounded good, perhaps some sort of taco salad with chicken in it.   Her wish was my command and my challenge.
 
Overall this is a really quick and easy dinner to prepare.  The hardest part was finding the taco shell bowls, as our regular grocery store did not carry them.  Luckily the next store I tried did have 1 box in stock (no dust on the box, so it must be O.K…. Right?).  I also was lazy and saved time by buying pre-cooked and seasoned chicken.  All I had to do was to reheat it in the skillet and drop it in the salad.  Once we had the basic parts for the salad it became a fix it yourself affair.  For mine I chose sour cream, hidden valley ranch spicy ranch dressing, fresh pico de gallo (from the store – so-so), cheddar cheese, avocado, salad and chicken.  It was so good I had to make a second.
 

Until next week –

COOK ON!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment