Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week16 - She surprised me!

Chicken Enchiladas


 
Enchiladas have been on my radar for a while. But I did not think my wife would like them, but then she brought home the fixings to make them and I thought “All right”.  A quick browsing of the Internet brought 2 basic methods for making them.  The first involved dipping the tortillas in the enchilada sauce before rolling them up, which looked like too much work to be honest. So I decided to just fill them up, roll em’ up, and then cover with sauce.  For filling I used a mixture of ground beef and a shredded Mexican cheese mix, along with some onions.  I made 2 pans worth, one with red enchilada sauce for my wife and a green chili batch for myself.  Each batch was then topped with more cheese.

 
Both turned out incredible.  By making them myself, I was able to get the amount of sauce and cheese that I desired.  Too often in restaurants they overdo both the sauce and cheese.  Topped them off with sour cream and lettuce and served with sides of cilantro-lime rice and black beans.  Yummy

 


Until next time

COOK ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment